Defence and Security
Our assistance includes procurement processes, defence contracting, export controls and investigations – as well as needs relating to intellectual property, financing, joint ventures and M&A. We represent, among others, aircraft manufacturers, satellite companies, technology companies and developers of security information and communications systems both in Norway and abroad, as well as the companies that invest in this sector.
Our team is composed of partners and attorneys with considerable knowledge of and experience within the Defence & Security sector. We have deep understanding of public regulation and an extensive practical experience of handling cases in the twilight zone of public and private law, including regulatory reviews and investigations. Recognised for our industry focus, we closely follow market and legal developments to provide our clients with updated and unique market insights.
Simonsen is a proud member to FSi.
Our Defence & Security team provides legal advice across the value chain
- Corporate compliance, sanctions, export controls, investigations, permits and issues relating to the rules of foreign direct investment
- Acting for prime suppliers on NDLO procurements
- National and EU procurement processes and public tenders
- M&A transactions involving companies or assets within the defence & security sector
- Establishment of consortiums, partnerships and joint ventures
- IT and outsourcing, within the defence & security sector
- Advice to defence technology suppliers and manufacturers on development and maintenance agreements
- Advice to defence contractors, developers and manufacturers on IP protection, exploitation and litigation
- Shipping and aviation