Retail and Groceries
Simonsen Vogt Wiig has an experienced multidisciplinary group that assists grocery traders and other traders in goods.
Our practice group is experienced in advising grocery traders, other traders in goods and associated industries. The team members often assist the trader in all legal issues and also take part in developing the trade of the customers by way of taking part in negotiating commercial solutions specific for the trade.
Groceries and other trades in goods constitute a major industry in Norway and are important for the trade players and the everyday life of Norwegian citizens. This requires counselling and an appreciation of the trade that manage to combine various trade and public interests.
Our team of legal expertise also connects with resources from the other specialist teams in Simonsen Vogt Wiig, and we may offer an expertise uniquely adapted to the trade. Our dedicated team for this sector brings into the advice the required expertise in order to give the best advice and representation.
Simonsen Vogt Wiig offers expertise in connection with commercial contracts, transactions and legal frameworks that the trade would demand at any time. We also have an acknowledged team of lawyers that assists various trades in any kind of rights issues.
We particularly assist traders in groceries, goods and associated industries in questions concerning:
- Joint Venture Agreements, Joint Venture Projects
- Commercial agreements, including lease agreements, franchise agreements, purchase agreements etc.
- Supply agreements, procurements, distribution agreements
- Incorporation of companies and shareholder agreements
- Project development and financing, business development
- Regulatory issues, legal frameworks and social responsibility
- Employment law and data protection
- Dispute resolution and arbitration
- Tax law
- Rights issues, including copyright, patent law and trademark law